Hello Everyone! Thank you for taking time to visit the website of Mr. Rodge’s Neighborhood? First off, I would like to share some information about myself. I am an educator in San Antonio, TX, having worked in underserved communities throughout my career. Some of the positions I have held include special education teacher, general education science teacher, science instructional coach, academic instructional coach, administrative intern, and substitute assistant principal. I also served in the US Army as a mental health specialist which, in civilian lingo, is a counselor. Lastly, I am a parent to my oldest daughter, who has been diagnosed with moderate to severe autism. I can honestly say that parenting a child with special needs has so many “behind the scenes” challenges that many people, including educators, overlook. I am compelled to share my insights about being parent to a special needs child with others in order to build awareness.
I am the founder of Rodgers Speaks!, which is the name of my speaking/training organization. I have conducted staff development and motivational speaking on topics such as special education, growth mindset, relationship building, & classroom management. I’ve had the opportunity to inform people about the challenges that parents of special needs children incur. I have also spoken on motivation and growth mindset to youth and adults. Some of the organizations Rodgers Speaks has conducted presentations for and/or had appearances at include:
- Dallas ISD
- Edgewood ISD
- Child Advocates San Antonio (CASA)
- Camp Flaming Arrow
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Central TX
- The YMCA
- The Alamo Kiwanis Club
- Daytime at 9, KABB Fox 29, San Antonio
- The Optimist Club San Antonio
- Stone Oak Rotary Club
- Teach For America
- 2018 Region 20 TAPPestry Conference
- (Upcoming) Adult & Teen Challenge
I have worked in leadership capacities with San Antonio ISD (instructional coach) and NEISD (administrative intern) which included conducting professional development. I am also part of the leadership of the Power Scholars Academy, a highly acclaimed & academically rigorous summer program designed to prevent summer learning loss in at-risk students.
My personal and professional experiences have allowed me to gain some unique insights on a variety of topics that I believe can have a positive impact on the lives of many. I view it as “ministry” to a degree. I can provide affordable speaking and training that meets your budget on the following topics:
- Special education from the perspective of an educator/parent. Being a parent to a special needs child has given me some unique insights that are often overlooked by the education system.
- Classroom management using the TALE approach (Teachers Are Leaders Everyday). T.A.L.E. is an approach to classroom management using principles of effective leadership. This approach is designed with the goal of empowering teachers with a leader’s skills and mindset to improve behavior in their classroom.
- Building Positive Relationships: Whether it be with students, parents, or coworkers, positive relationships increase satisfaction and productivity. Unfortunately, there are “elephants in the room” that hinder relationships that need to be acknowledged before true progress can be made.
- Motivation: Understanding the “success” process.
- Growth Mindset
- Strategies to relate to those with mental and intellectual disabilities.
- College and career readiness.
If you have an interest in Rodgers Speaks for your campus or organization, click Contact Information and fill out the requested information.
If you have questions, I can be reached at (210) 651-2026 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.